This area of practice deals with claims by individuals who have suffered physical or psychological injury as a result of the negligent or careless acts of another person or company. Such accident claims cover a broad range of injury and accident types, most commonly arising from a motor accident or a workplace accident.
It involves the following:
- Advising clients on obtaining awards from the Ministry of Manpower
- Advising clients on pursuing compensation under common law
- Assessing the quantum of damages of the client’s claim
- Examining medical reports and police reports
- Negotiating settlement
- Assisting clients with receiving compensation for their losses, including loss of earnings due to an inability to work, pain and suffering, reasonable medical expenses (both present and future), emotional distress, loss of marriage prospects and legal costs
- Enforcement of awards or judgments against employers
If you require any assistance relating to this area of law, feel free to contact us.