Intellectual property law deals with the rights and obligations of creators and owners of inventions, writing, music, designs, symbols and other works. There are several areas of intellectual property such as trademarks, copyright, designs and patents.
This area of practice includes the following:
- Conducting searches of domestic and international registers
- Advising and assisting clients with registration and prosecution of trade marks, patents and design rights
- Advising clients on the suitability of trade mark(s) for registration, process of obtaining registration of the trade mark(s), class and use of the trade mark(s) and oppositions to pending trade mark applications
- Protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights against infringing users
- Disputes arising from infringement of intellectual property and passing-off
- Licensing disputes
- Commercial disputes involving intellectual property
- Advising on criminal prosecutions for trade mark and copyright offences
If you require any assistance relating to this area of law, feel free to contact us.